While there are many lifestyle changes and medications suggested to ease the various symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), hypnosis is now recognised as being one of the most effective.NHS.uk
What Triggers IBS Symptoms?
Each person with Irritable Bowel Syndrome experiences symptoms in different ways and to different degrees.
What triggers the IBS symptoms is similarly unique; in some it’s a reaction to nervousness or feeling unconfident, for others it is brought on by stress or lack of sleep. Some symptoms are triggered by anxiety, tension or depression, others by an intolerance or reaction to certain foods or eating habits.
Many people experience it as a reaction to other problems or conditions (OCD, food allergies or a phobia for example) and just as many are totally unaware of any trigger – the symptoms seem to appear without rhyme or reason or any warning at all.
What Symptoms Are Associated With IBS ?
The symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are just as varied – the most common being diarrhoea, constipation, stomach cramps, bloating, heartburn/reflux. For some the symptoms are severe and debilitating, for others they are infrequent or uncomfortable.
Treatment for such a widely varying condition therefore requires a similarly unique approach.
Curative Hypnotherapy For IBS Symptoms & Triggers
Helen Lesser works exclusively in one-to-one consultations, firstly to understand how the individual experiences the condition and then to work with the client to identify why their particular triggers are causing the effects.
LCH treatment is a safe, gentle and enjoyable process which aims to correct whatever is at the root of the problem, dealing not just with the ‘when’ and ‘how’ you are suffering, but also the ‘why’.
Every person is different and no two sets of symptoms are the same; but on average it is likely to take 6 to 8 sessions to enable you to return to enjoying the confident, comfortable life you deserve.
- For details of FEES and booking an appointment with Helen Lesser.
- Have a question? – Call – (0121) 430 3336 / Text – 07380635523 / email / Chat
- Qualifications and experience – About Helen Lesser
- International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders – Hypnotherapy for IBS
- ‘Gut’ / BMJ – Long term benefits of hypnotherapy for irritable bowel syndrome
- Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics – Hypnotherapy for irritable bowel syndrome: an audit of one thousand adult patients
- Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics – Randomised clinical trial: individual versus group hypnotherapy for irritable bowel syndrome